The Irish Restaurant Awards season is in full swing and on Tuesday night this week, the regional winners for Leinster were revealed at a ceremony in the Killashee House Hotel.
Now in their 14th year, the awards can be a huge boost to local food businesses as a reward and recognition for their ongoing commitment to the food scene, diners’ experience, service and more. The Leinster awards announce winners from all counties in Leinster, all of those entries going onto the next stage in May for the provincial awards.
For Kilkenny, the likes of Arán (double winners), Nóinín (double winners), Left Bank, Restaurant Lady Anne’s Keith Boyle and Campagne find themselves among those taking home top honours. Here’s who won what on Tuesday night.
2023 Irish Restaurant Awards: Kilkenny winners
- Local Food Hero: Mag Kirwan, Goatsbridge Trout Farm
- Best Sustainable Practices: Truffles Restaurant
- Innovator of the Year: Arán Artisan Bakery & Bistro
- Free From: The Cutting Vedge
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: Nóinín
- Best Restaurant Manager: Aga Kubinska (Lady Helen at Mount Juliet)
- Best Wine Experience: Ristorante Rinuccini
- Best Café: Café La Coco
- Best World Cuisine: Aroi Asian Fusion
- Best Newcomer: Nóinín
- Pub of the Year: Cleere’s
- Best Casual Dining: Arán Artisan Bakery & Bistro
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant: Lady Helen at Mount Juliet
- Best Customer Service: Butcher
- Best Gastro Pub: Left Bank
- Best Chef: Keith Boyle (Restaurant Lady Anne)
- Best Restaurant: Campagne
All of the county winners now compete for the regional and All-Ireland titles, which will be announced at the Irish Restaurant Awards All-Ireland Final on Monday 15 May in the Clayton Hotel, Burlington Road, Dublin.