Looking for the best places to eat and best restaurants in Westmeath?
Earlier this week, the Leinster regional round of the Irish Restaurant Awards were held and here’s who came out on top in Westmeath.
One of my favourite meals of 2018 was at Wineport Lodge (preceded by cocktails by the river before dinner), they came out as best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant.
If you think somewhere has been overlooked for the best restaurant in Westmeath, leave a suggestion in the comments below.
This year’s grand final (announcing Leinster and All Ireland winners) will be held in Dublin in May.
Irish Restaurant Awards Winners 2019: Westmeath
- Best Restaurant: Thyme Restaurant, Athlone
- Best Chef: Deirdre Adamson, The Fatted Calf, Athlone
- Best Restaurant Manager: Fiona O’Donnell, The Fatted Calf
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant: The Wineport Lodge, Athlone
- Best Customer Service: Oscar’s, Mullingar
- Best Gastro Pub: Grogan’s of Glasson
- Best Café: Red Earth, Mullingar
- Pub of the Year: Sean’s Bar, Athlone
- Best Wine Experience: The Left Bank Bistro, Athlone
- Best World Cuisine: Kin Khao Thai, Athlone
- Best ‘Free From’: Beans & Leaves, Athlone
- Best Kids Size Me: Corner House Bistro, Athlone
- Local Food Hero: Pat Lalor, Kilbeggan Organic Foods
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: Thyme Restaurant
- Best Casual Dining: Savoury Fare at the Fernhill Garden Centre
Looking for more restaurant suggestions?
Check out the Best Restaurants in Ireland list here.
Leave a Reply