Looking for the best restaurants in Kilkenny in 2019?
According to the Irish Restaurant Awards tonight in Naas, we’ve got some new names on the list.
The Leinster regional finals were held earlier tonight and while there’s plenty to cheer about in Carlow, Wexford, Kildare – I’m all about Kilkenny and what’s happening on my back door.
So, in a nutshell, here are your winners for the Kilkenny leg of the Irish Restaurant Awards.
From here, winners go forward to the regional rounds (best in Leinster etc.) and final, taking place on Monday 13 May at the Clayton Hotel, Dublin.
Irish Restaurant Awards Winners: Kilkenny
- Best Restaurant: Campagne
- Best Chef: John Kelly, The Lady Helen at Mount Juliet
- Best Newcomer: Butcher
- Best Restaurant Manager: Riccardo Cavaliere, Ristorante Rinuccini
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant: The Lady Helen at Mount Juliet
- Best Customer Service: Zuni Restaurant, Bar & Boutique Hotel
- Best Gastro Pub: Paris Texas Bar & Restaurant
- Best Café: Knockdrinna Farm Shop & Artisan Café
- Pub of the Year: The Dylan Whisky Bar
- Best Wine Experience: Barrows Keep
- Best World Cuisine: Indique
- Best ‘Free From’: The Cutting Vedge
- Best Kids Size Me: The Hungry Moose
- Local Food Hero: Siobhan Lawlor, Glasraí & Goodies, Gowran
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: Barrows Keep
- Best Casual Dining: Truffles Restaurant & Wine Bar
Over to you – are these the best restaurants in Kilkenny? Have you a Kilkenny food tip to share? Have your say in the comments below.