We all love a good takeway – but who is the best takeaway in Ireland for 2018?
The Just-Eat.ie National Takeaway Awards were held last night in the swanky surrounds of Number 22 in Dublin. Going through the winners you’ll find a lot of takeaways in Dublin and for 2018, one of them is the new national favourite.
There were 22 categories this year with the new additions of Best Takeaway Vegetarian and Best Takeaway Middle Eastern, won by Umi Falafel, Dame Street and Zaytoon, Camden Street respectively.
Best Takeaway in Ireland 2018
If you want to cut to the chase – the best takeaway in Ireland for 2018… it’s Firehouse Pizza in Ballymun.
Having opened in 2011, Firehouse offers a wide range of classic and very innovative gourmet pizzas to create a distinctive and contemporary eating style for you to enjoy at home (via).
They’re also experts when it comes to gluten free pizza delivery, with vegan and lactose-free mozzarella also available if you’re that way inclined.
Letterkenny in Donegal looks like a veritable hotbed of takeaway goodness with a solid representation among this year’s winners.
As for Ireland’s favourite dish – we seem to have gone mad for the spice bag.
National Takeaway Awards Winners 2018
- Best Takeaway Chinese: Bamboo Court, Letterkenny
- Best Takeaway Indian: Bombay Pantry, Clonskeagh
- Best Takeaway: Thai Camile Thai, Phibsborough
- Best Takeaway Pizza: Firehouse Pizza, Ballymun
- Best Takeaway Vegetarian: Umi Falafel, Dame St
- Best Takeaway Chipper: Macari’s, Tallaght
- Best Takeaway Mexican: Burrito Loco, Letterkenny
- Best Takeaway Japanese: Zakura, Baggot Street
- Best Takeaway American: Five Guys, Dundrum
- Best Takeaway Middle Eastern: Zaytoon, Camden Street
- Best Takeaway Healthy: Camile Thai, Phibsborough
- Best Takeaway Lunchtime: Ramen, Wexford
- Best Takeaway Curry: San Sab, Drumcondra
- Best Takeaway Spice Bag: Bamboo Court, Letterkenny
- Best Takeaway Salad: Chopped, Dundrum
- Ireland’s Favourite Dish: Spice Bag
- Best Takeaway Dublin: Firehouse Pizza, Ballymun
- Best Takeaway Leinster: Ramen, Wexford
- Best Takeaway Munster: Lana Asian Street Food, Castletroy
- Best Takeaway Connaught: Crust Bucket, Galway
- Best Takeaway Ulster: Burrito Loco, Letterkenny
- Best Takeaway Ireland: Firehouse Pizza, Ballymun
Do you have somewhere to recommend that didn’t make the list of winners? I’m all ears – leave your takeaway tips in the comments below.