Looking for the best places to eat and best restaurants in Wicklow?
Earlier this week, the Leinster regional round of the Irish Restaurant Awards were held and here’s who came out on top in Wicklow.
Having cleaned up at the Irish Curry Awards last year, I’m not surprised to see Pink Salt pick up the honours for best restaurant. I’ve yet to try it but any time it comes up in conversation the reports are glowing.
Real bread is also to the fore as Firehouse took the title of Best Café in Wicklow.
If you think somewhere has been overlooked for the best restaurant in Wicklow, leave a suggestion in the comments below.
This year’s grand final (announcing Leinster and All Ireland winners) will be held in Dublin in May.
Irish Restaurant Awards Winners 2019: Wicklow
- Best Restaurant: Pink Salt, Bray
- Best Chef: James Kavanagh, The Strawberry Tree at Brooklodge & Macreddin Village
- Best Newcomer: Lily’s on Church Street
- Best Restaurant Manager: John Walsh, The Pigeon House, Delgany
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant: The Strawberry Tree at Brooklodge & Macreddin Village
- Best Customer Service: The Roundwood Inn
- Best Gastro Pub: The Roundwood Inn
- Best Café: Firehouse Bakery and Bread School
- Pub of the Year: Harbour Bar, Bray
- Best Wine Experience: La Touche Wines 4 U
- Best World Cuisine: Pink Salt, Bray
- Best ‘Free From’: The Happy Pear, Greystones
- Best Kids Size Me: Tiffin by Sunil, Greystones
- Local Food Hero: Patrick Ryan, Firehouse Bakery & Bread School
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: Cowfish, Bray
- Best Casual Dining: Pigeon House Café
Looking for more restaurant suggestions?
Check out the Best Restaurants in Ireland list here.