Looking for the best places to eat and best restaurants in Monaghan?
Earlier this week, the Ulster regional round of the Irish Restaurant Awards were held and here’s who came out on top in Monaghan.
Andy’s Bar & Restaurant along with Castle Leslie were big winners on the night. There was double success too for the Courthouse in Carrickmacross.
If you think somewhere has been overlooked for the best restaurant in Monaghan, leave a suggestion in the comments below.
This year’s grand final (announcing Ulster and All Ireland winners) will be held in Dublin in May.
Irish Restaurant Awards Winners 2019: Ulster
- Best Restaurant: Courthouse Restaurant, Carrickmacross
- Best Chef: Conor Mee, Courthouse Restaurant, Carrickmacross
- Best Newcomer: Kinga’s Café
- Best Restaurant Manager: Shane Treanor, Porky’s Restaurant at The Squealing Pig
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant: Snaffles Restaurant at Castle Leslie
- Best Customer Service: Snaffles Restaurant at Castle Leslie
- Best Gastro Pub: Andy’s Bar & Restaurant
- Best Café: Dinkin’s Home Bakery & Cafe
- Pub of the Year: Coach House & Olde Bar
- Best Wine Experience: The Fiddlers Elbow
- Best World Cuisine: Eastern Balti
- Best ‘Free From’: Neighbourhood
- Best Kids Size Me: Meeting House
- Local Food Hero: Trevor Connolly (overall Ulster winner)
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: Andy’s Bar and Restaurant
- Best Casual Dining: Andy’s Bar & Restaurant
Looking for more restaurant suggestions?
Check out the Best Restaurants in Ireland list here.