Looking for the best places to eat and best restaurants in Laois?
Earlier this week, the Leinster regional round of the Irish Restaurant Awards were held and here’s who came out on top in Laois.
This year’s awards proved fruitful for Ballyfin Demesne, walking away with Best Hotel/Guesthouse restaurant, wine experience and best chef for Sam Moody.
If you think somewhere has been overlooked for the best restaurant in Laois, leave a suggestion in the comments below.
This year’s grand final (announcing Leinster and All Ireland winners) will be held in Dublin in May.
Irish Restaurant Awards Winners 2019: Laois
- Best Restaurant: Batoni’s
- Best Chef: Sam Moody, Ballyfin Demense
- Best Newcomer: The Willow Tree, Rathdowney Golf Club
- Best Restaurant Manager: Adrian Rusan, Batoni’s
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant: Ballyfin Demesne
- Best Customer Service: Mayur Indian Restaurant
- Best Gastro Pub: Bog Road
- Best Café: The Pantry Café & Walled Garden
- Pub of the Year: Jeremiah Grant Bar & Eatery
- Best Wine Experience: Ballyfin Demesne
- Best World Cuisine: Batoni’s
- Best ‘Free From’: Stradbally Fayre
- Best Kids Size Me: Treacy’s Bar & Restaurant
- Local Food Hero: Blathnaid Bergin, The Business of Food
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: O’Dea’s Bar And Bistro
- Best Casual Dining: Kelly’s Steakhouse
Looking for more restaurant suggestions?
Check out the Best Restaurants in Ireland list here.