Looking for the best places to eat and best restaurants in Derry?
Earlier this week, the Ulster regional round of the Irish Restaurant Awards were held and here’s who came out on top in Derry.
If you think somewhere has been overlooked for the best restaurant in Derry, leave a suggestion in the comments below.
This year’s grand final (announcing Ulster and All Ireland winners) will be held in Dublin in May.
Irish Restaurant Awards Winners 2019: Derry
- Best Restaurant: The Sooty Olive
- Best Chef: Bryn Evans of Primrose Derry
- Best Newcomer: Nonnas Wood Fired Pizzas
- Best Restaurant Manager: Stephanie Bradley of Walled City Brewery
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant: The Shipquay Hotel
- Best Customer Service: Bishop’s Gate Hotel
- Best Gastro Pub: Walled City Brewery
- Best Café: Primrose on the Quay
- Pub of the Year: Peadar O’Donnell’s
- Best Wine Experience: Browns In Town
- Best World Cuisine: Mekong Street Food
- Best ‘Free From’: Hidden City Café
- Best Kids Size Me: Church Street Restaurant
- Local Food Hero: Ian Orr, Browns Bonds Hill
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: Soda and Starch
- Best Casual Dining: Soda & Starch
Looking for more restaurant suggestions?
Check out the Best Restaurants in Ireland list here.