Looking for the best places to eat and best restaurants in Carlow?
Earlier this week, the Leinster regional round of the Irish Restaurant Awards were held and here’s who came out on top in Carlow.
There’s a good restaurant scene in Carlow town and out into the surrounds with the New Moon in Tullow one of my favourites.
If you think somewhere has been overlooked for the best restaurant in Carlow, leave a suggestion in the comments below.
This year’s grand final (announcing Leinster and All Ireland winners) will be held in Dublin in May.
Irish Restaurant Awards Winners 2019: Carlow
- Best Restaurant: Sha-Roe Bistro
- Best Chef: John Kelly, Sha-Roe Bistro
- Best Newcomer: Walter’s Bar & Grill
- Best Restaurant Manager: Alma Sheehan, Plum Tree Bistro at the Woodford Dolmen
- Best Hotel & Guesthouse Restaurant: The Cellar Restaurant at the Step House Hotel
- Best Customer Service: Lennon’s @ VISUAL
- Best Gastro Pub: Teach Dolmain
- Best Café: Birdcage Café, Bagenalstown
- Pub of the Year: Osborne’s Bar & Storehouse, Rathanna
- Best Wine Experience: Lord Bagenal Inn, Bagenalstown
- Best World Cuisine: New Moon, Tullow
- Best ‘Free From’: Basil Asian Street Food
- Best Kids Size Me: The Tea Rooms at Duckett’s Grove
- Local Food Hero: Eva Milka, Gaelic Escargot
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: Riverbank Restaurant, Tullow
- Best Casual Dining: Plum Tree Bistro at the Woodford Dolmen
Looking for more restaurant suggestions?
Check out the Best Restaurants in Ireland list here.